Submarine of the Baltic Fleet of the Soviet Union “Lembit” in the port of Helsinki. After Finland withdrew from the war in September 1944, Soviet submarines had the opportunity to base themselves on Hanko, Helsinki and Turku. In particular, “Lembit” from December 1944 to March 1945, was held in Finland, dock repair.
The Estonian Lembit submarine (built in England) was incorporated into the Baltic fleet in August 1940 after Estonia’s voluntary membership in the USSR.
Location: Helsinki, Finland