Soviet train with fuel for military equipment of the Red Army before being sent to the line of the Soviet-German front.
The “E” series locomotive is ahead – it was produced from 1912 to 1957 and by the number of built locomotives (about 11 thousand) and by the total duration of production, the “E” locomotive is the absolute record holder in the history of world engine building. During the Great Patriotic War in the USSR, columns of locomotives of a special reserve of the People’s Commissariat of Communications were formed of them, which provided military transportation, while working in isolation from the main depots, and thus played a significant role in the victory of the Soviet Union.
Location: Grozny, Chechen-Ingush ASSR
Image Date: June 1943