Muscovites look at the march of German prisoners of war in Moscow.
March of the German prisoners took place on July 17, 1944, demonstrating to Soviet people, as well as to allies who did not believe in the successes of the Red Army, the results of the defeat of the German troops in Belarus. About 57,000 German soldiers and officers (including 19 generals) passed through the Garden Ring and other streets of Moscow, mostly captured by troops of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Byelorussian Fronts in Byelorussia. The columns were followed by watering machines, symbolically washing away the dirt from the asphalt.
Location: Moscow, USSR
Date: July 17, 1944