Czechoslovak border guard Jan Hereha on the Czechoslovak-Polish border in the vicinity of the village Uzhok (Czechoslovak Carpathian Rus).
Until 1918, the village of Uzhok was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and then became part of Czechoslovakia. In 1939, it was annexed to Hungary. After World War II it became a part of the USSR (Ukrainian SSR).
Location: Uzhok, Czechoslovakia
Date: April 04, 1938
Photo by Margaret Bourke-White