Construction of the bridge over the Vistula River. The 1st Belorussian Front. 1944-th year – a signature under a photograph in the Museum of Artillery, Engineer Troops and Communications Troops of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation in St. Petersburg.
In the summer of 1944, a wooden low-water bridge on piles is being built. Two pile-stacking ferries operate, and the third, not working, stands by the shore. In the left corner of the picture are visible building logs, which are brought to the middle of the bridge by boats. Near the shore stands an American amphibious Ford GPA on the shallows. In the background the boat pulls the ferry – the ferry works.