Soldiers of the 88th Separate Guards Heavy Tank Regiment are photographed at the Bismarck Monument in Berlin. After the announcement of the surrender of Germany, the brother-soldiers went for a walk around Berlin, and among the photographs taken was a picture of a landmark monument for Germany.
Photo from Leonard Semenovich Bukhov’s album (later the famous Soviet sound producer).
On the photo:
Top row from left to right:
- Propaganda of the regiment, captain Lemeshko;
- Chief of the chemical unit of the regiment, Senior Lieutenant Romashov;
- Senior Lieutenant Belenko;
- Deputy on the technical part of the regiment, lieutenant colonel I.P. Romanchenko;
- The regimental commander, Colonel PG Mzhachih;
- Deputy regiment commander, major F.M. Zharkoy;
- Authorized SMERSH, Captain M. Subachev;
- Regiment doctor, captain of the medical service Pakharenko;
- Propaganda of the regiment, Major Konoplev.
Sit from left to right:
4. Head of the food regiment;
5. Komsomol regiment;
6. Medical instructor;
9. Medical instructor.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Date: May 9, 1945