Battle for Leningrad: Soviet “Bira” gunboat goes on an ice trip on Ladoga.
The gunboat “Bira” – the former soil-stock scow of the Baltic Technical Fleet of the Special Hydro Building NKVD of the USSR.
July 4, 1941 “Bira” gunboat was mobilized, transferred from the NKVD to the Red Army, converted into a cannon boat and July 14, 1941 became part of the Baltic Fleet. From July 17, 1941 to September 23, 1944 was part of the Ladoga military flotilla.
Location: Ladoga, USSR
Date: April 9, 1943