The troops of the 10th Tank Corps of the 5th Guards Tank Army of the 2nd Byelorussian Front occupy the city of Mühlhausen (now the Polish town of Mlynary) during the Mlawa-Elbing operation. The city of Mühlhausen was liberated from Hitler’s troops on January 24, 1945. Soldiers ride on SU-76 self-propelled guns.
Photo place: Mühlhausen, East Prussia, Germany
Date of the photo: January 1945
Author: Arkady Shaikhet