Shot from the German heavy 240-mm howitzers on the positions of Soviet troops on the Perekop Isthmus.
This is a heavy howitzer of the Czechoslovak company Škoda, adopted by Germany under the designation of 24 cm Haubitze 39. Initially, these guns were intended for export to Turkey, but the Turks received only two such 240 mm howitzers. The remaining 24 cm of Haubitze 39 became part of the 1st Battalion of the 814th Artillery Regiment of the Wehrmacht. This is the only artillery unit of the German army in which there were these 240-mm howitzers, all of them were made 18 copies.
Location: Perekop, Crimea, Russia
Date: September 1941