Pilots and navigators from the 51st mine torpedo of the Tallinn Red Banner Orders of Ushakov and Nakhimov Air Regiment of the Air Force of the Baltic Fleet of the Soviet Union are posing against the backdrop of the Boston A-20G aircraft (supplied to the USSR from the Lend-Lease Act).
The regiment was formed by June 1944. It took an active part in the summer offensive of the Baltic Fleet in the Gulf of Finland and in the operations of the troops of the Leningrad and Karelian fronts, but suffered heavy losses (70 aircraft and 174 people were irretrievably lost) and at the end of July 1944 was withdrawn Novoladozhsky training center for replenishment. Completed the reorganization and flew to the front airfield Klopitsy. For the period of military operations, 117 enemy ships were destroyed by the pilots of the regiment, including the cruiser Niobe, 3 destroyers, 85 transport vessels, 1 submarine, 13 patrol vessels.
Place of Photography: Baltika