The Hungarian Fiat Ansaldo CV-35 Italian-made wedges and soldiers on the street of the captured Czechoslovak city of Chust in the Carpathian Ukraine.
In the background is the Karpatsky Sich headquarters building with traces of battles.
After Slovakia on March 14, 1939, under pressure from Adolf Hitler, declared its independence and disintegrated, Czechoslovakia, Hungary received permission from Germany to occupy a part of Slovakia – Subcarpathian Rus. On March 15, Prime Minister of Subcarpathian Rus Avgustin Voloshin proclaimed the independence of Carpathian Ukraine, which was not recognized by other states. On March 16, 1939, Hungarian troops launched an assault on Khust, in which they took the 24th Hungarian border guards battalion and the 12th self-propelled battalion, and captured the city.
Location: Chust, Slovakia
Photo date: March 1939