German soldiers are posing against the background of the destroyed French commander’s tank Somua S35.
Somua S35 midship tank is interesting by the presence of two radio communication antennas. Radio stations were equipped as standard with only commander’s combat vehicles: platoons of platoon commanders – ER 29, commanders of squadrons – simultaneously ER 29 and ER 26 ter, and tanks of regimental and superior commanders – ER 27. In the literature this tank is designated as Somua S35tsf.
Place of picture: Alsace and Lorraine, France
Date of the photo: 1940