German machine-gunners with the MG-34 machine gun are in the shelter, perhaps in a funnel from a projectile or bomb, on Kharkov street.
The city was abandoned by the Red Army on October 24, 1941. The first to enter Kharkov were units of the 55th Army Corps of Erwin Firov from the 6th Wehrmacht Army commanded by Walter von Reichenau.
Sources of information about the photo:
Location: Kharkov, Ukraine, USSR
Photo date: October 1941