Color photo from the Second World War: German military cemetery in the city of Zhizdra (now – Kaluga region) near the Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky. The spring of 1943.
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral after the Revolution of 1917 was closed, but after some time after the Nazi occupation of the city was again opened, put in order (for example, the dome was returned to the crucifixion). Departing from the city, the Germans destroyed the cathedral.
Location: Zhizdra, Kaluga region, USSR