Destroyed Sd.Kfz.184 Ferdinand assault gun from the 654th division, which blew up on an anti-tank mine and was captured by the Red Army.
Ferdinand – German heavy self-propelled artillery cannon during the Second World War class tank destroyers. Also called Elefant (Elephant), 8.8 cm StuK 43 Sfl L / 71 Panzerjäger Tiger (P), Sturmkanone mit 8.8 cm StuK 43 and Sd.Kfz.184. This combat vehicle, armed with a 88-mm cannon, is one of the most heavily armed and powerfully armored representatives of German armored vehicles of the period.
This Ferdinand assault gun in the list inspected by the Soviet commission is listed under the number “9”.
It was this Ferdinand assault gun that was repaired and sent to the Soviet NIBT training ground. Currently located in the museum of armored vehicles in Kubinka. Battle of the Kursk Bulge, near the village of Goreloye.
Date: July 15, 1943