A huge convoy of German prisoners of war is walking along Hindenburg Straße in the town of Insterburg, towards the Lutheran Church (now the town of Chernyakhovsk, Lenin Street).
The photo is interesting to the presence in the frame of Soviet guards with 7.62-mm manual machine guns Degtyarev DP (Degtyarev-infantry) and German MP.38/40 submachine gun.
Location: Insterburg, East Prussia, Germany
Date: April 1945
Author: Mikhail Savin