Russian children at the desks of the destroyed school in Stalingrad.
In February-March 1943 in the Krasnooktyabrsky district of Stalingrad, 76 pupils attended the elementary school (4 classes).
Sources of information about the photo:
1. Nosova O.A. “Schools of Military Stalingrad” // Strezhen, Scientific Yearbook, Volgograd, 2004, issue 4, p.249
2. Center for Documentation of the Newest History of the Volgograd Region, p.113, op.12, d.7, p.30
3. M.A. Vodolagin “The Volga Stronghold” M., 1962, tab to p.96
Location: Stalingrad, USSR
Date: March 1943