Captured Soviet moto-armored car D-2 in the service of the Wehrmacht. The photo was taken on the central section of the Eastern Front. The armored car has undergone modernization, which is also indicated by the installed rod and frame antenna of the German model.
In total, 30 serial motor-armored cars D-2 were manufactured. In the summer of 1941, troops of the NKVD for the protection of railway structures during the fighting lost 7 moto-armored cars D-2, which, after repairs, were incorporated by the Germans into the Wehrmacht. The remaining D-2s were used by the NKVD until the end of the Second World War and were written off from the armed forces in the late 1940s.
Source of information about the photo:
Date: January-February 1944