A German 10.5 cm leFH18 howitzer team is firing at the Konstantinovsky fort, which defended the entrance to the Sevastopol Bay. In the distance to the right is the Vladimir Cathedral in Chersonese. The houses around are Radiogorka housing estate.
The Nazis began an assault on this fort in the morning of June 22, 1942. The last defenders of the fort crossed over to the south side of the city in the early morning of June 24th.
Location: Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia
Date: June 1942